Lab Test Engineer
Our team at Molex is seeking a Lab Test Engineer to join our team! This role will be responsible for performing and reporting on standard and complex mechanical, electrical and environmental product long-term reliability testing, analysis, and evaluations on Temp-Flex cable products. Our goal is to improve product design and/or evaluation with respect to consistency, reproducibility/repeatability, evaluation automation and productivity.
If you are looking for a new and dynamic opportunity, check out our open role!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conducts long-term product reliability testing as defined by customer. Sets up and operates standard and custom electrical and mechanical test equipment and environmental chambers. Includes equipment such as microscopes, Instron type force equipment, micrometers/calipers, digital sampling oscilloscopes, network analyzers, environmental chambers, bend/flex testers, etc.
- Completes product evaluation and performance analysis. Utilizing standard departmental procedures, develops and modifies product test plans to establish performance and reliability of the products being tested.
- Prepares detailed test reports. Includes statistical analysis, observations, executive summary, detailed test data, experimental procedures, equipment and specimen detail.
- Conducts standard and advanced failure analysis and provides detailed reports. Provides evaluation and input to corrective actions or design recommendations.
- Document, implement, and perform new test procedures side by side with other engineers.
- Creates project test plan. Collects and prepares product samples. Conducts product testing according to project plan. Collects data efficiently, accurately, and in an organized manner. Analyzes & reports on results to determine effectivity of testing outcome. Provide product reliability testing results on time and on budget.
- Position requires analysis of complex technical data, will use test procedures as guides, but has some freedom to determine best preparation method. In cases of performing failure analysis, creative and in-depth analysis is required to arrive at root cause(s ) and corrective action(s).
- Participate in conference calls with internal/external customers regarding new product development activities and prototype evaluations.
- Support efforts to build test assemblies on-site for full cable characterization, including cable prepping equipment, connector termination and testing
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in a laboratory environment with demonstrated testing capabilities (such as Network Analyzer, TDR, etc.)
- Previous experience in evaluating component reliability
- Knowledge of PC based statistical analysis software
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in the wire and cable industry
- SAP experience
- Signal integrity testing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of experimental design
- Demonstrated knowledge of failure analysis
- Experience establishing quality plans for manufactured products
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf