*This Role is Eligible for a $15,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Do you aspire to leverage and further develop your skills and lead a team to excellence in safety, efficiency, and quality? If so, this could be the opportunity for you! Georgia Pacific is seeking a Production Manager our Sweetwater, TX facility. Production Managers lead a team to ensure a safe and injury/incident-free environment in our fast-paced plant. They motivate, coach, and inspire by demonstrating, promoting, and applying Georgia-Pacific’s Market Based Management (MBM®) in daily actions and decisions to deliver maximum value to the business and our customers. If you are a driven leader who can operate with a principled entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to learn more about you!
Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business is consistently among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to large warehouse retailers and building materials dealers. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. And, to learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborating with Safety, Environmental, Maintenance, Operations, Controller, and Quality Leaders to gain the knowledge tools to elevate a team to its full potential
- Embracing and managing change to drive innovation and process improvements
- Applying MBM® to foster a culture where employees are empowered
- Facilitating team and employee development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable
- Taking accountability of safety quality and efficiency through leadership, individual ownership and accountability, teamwork, and delegation
- Coaching, motivating, and mentoring the team to drive safe and efficient behaviors leading to positive outcomes. Taking corrective action measures as needed
- Using critical & economic thinking, challenge process, and team collaboration to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence.
- Completing paperwork and reports with accuracy to meet deadlines
- Leveraging strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with the facility team, leadership, and corporate associates in Atlanta
- Using organization and planning skills to execute tasks in a timely, purposeful, and orderly fashion
- Using critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to troubleshoot equipment and machinery
The Experience You Will Bring
- A high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of four (4) years leadership experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment, -- OR -- four (4) years of experience in the Gypsum industry – OR – an Associate’s degree or higher with experience in manufacturing/industrial environment.
- While this is a day shift position, the successful candidate will be able to work the occasional night, weekend, holiday, or on-call as needed.
- Willing and able to make safely the top priority and maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Experience enforcing safe work practices, including: Lock Out/Tag Out, forklift safety, machine guarding, hazardous materials, etc.
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Experience coaching, counseling and developing employees
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping, documentation, and reporting, including experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Willing and able to learn and use various computer-based production reporting applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical or business discipline
- Previous Gypsum experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf