Process Control Engineer
~~~Relocation Assistance Provided~~~
~~~Eligible for Sign On Bonus~~~
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions is looking for a Process Control Engineer to join our Operations Excellence capability! The preferred location for the role will be in our corporate office in Wichita, KS. The successful candidate will support the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the company’s fleet of fertilizer plants. The key focus for the organization is to develop and sustain capability in the fleet, requiring close collaboration with plant staff as well as other support team members.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Reviewing our plant’s process control and safety control performance either from your desktop or directly from the DCS/SIS screens
- Identifying control improvement opportunities and advanced control opportunities that align with Koch’s business goals for our operating plants
- Ensuring safety controls are performing per design and participate in functional safety work
- Reading and understanding P&ID’s, control narratives, instrument and valve data sheets and then applying control skills to drive performance improvements to meet those business goals
- Working with Operators to discuss and review control performance issues
- Working with Process Engineers and Field Technicians to troubleshoot instrumentation and control problems and opportunities
- Working collaboratively to arrive at solutions for control performance improvements
- Developing implementation plans to drive control performance improvements
- Collaboratively work with remote sites in a matrixed capacity with project engineering, plant operations and maintenance, and plant management personnel
- Communicating and working collaboratively with the other Operational Excellence teams – Process, Process Safety, Projects, etc.
- Utilize all required personal protective equipment
- Working at plant operating sites to access and inspect instrumentation and control equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a process controls engineering role
- Knowledge of process industry standards and codes (ISA, IEC, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing regulatory control schemes in a DCS
- DCS configuration skills
- Experience with safety instrumented systems and functional safety
- Experience troubleshooting, revising and optimizing existing control schemes
- Loop tuning and control loop performance improvement experience
- Must be able to travel (normal is 25% peak up to 50%)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 10 or more years of combined process and process control engineering experience
- Experience in the fertilizer industry with NH3, urea, UAN and Nitric Acid Manufacturing processes, or experience in refining and major petrochemical operations
- Knowledge and interest in Cybersecurity
- Experience with design and implementation of Yokogawa and/or Emerson DeltaV DCS and SIS control systems in chemical process facilities
- Experience with advanced regulatory control such as feedforward and adaptive gains
- Experience with application of APC models in refineries or chemical plants
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf