Come and be a part of a winning team with a great organization! Georgia Pacific is currently looking for a Line Tender for our Corrigan, TX facility. The hourly pay for this position is $19.50.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Hold management’s confidence to make decisions with employees, customers, and community regarding being able to do the “right thing”
- Practice our safety expectations and lead by example
- Maintain employee confidentiality within the crew and organization
- Assist supervisor/team leader with promoting and encouraging employee participation in safety rules and environmental responsibility
- Direct others to meet goals in a manner that applies and promotes Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles
- Learn to delegate tasks in a manner that promotes respect and dignity
- Assist supervisor/team leader with managing uptime for all machine centers. Assists in Basic Care Routes
- Train new personnel in how to safely operate machine centers, including JSA, SOP and LTV requirements
- Assist supervisor/team leader with ensuring the completion of Basic Care routes, Active Plant downtime and entering work requests into MP2
- Assist supervisor/team leader with completing Operation Reports
- Assist supervisor/team leader with communicating and compliance with all company policies
- Assist with maintaining adequate operational supplies
- Assist supervisor/team leader with production schedules
The Experience You Will Bring
- Work and communicate well with co-workers and supervisors
- Possess good leadership skills
- Must be a licensed forklift operator or be willing and able to obtain a license within a determined time
- Able to use a 2-way radio
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to properly utilize a tape measure and micrometer
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf