Boiler Fuel Handler
The Georgia Pacific Plywood Mill is seeking persons with heavy equipment experience to join the Boiler department team, in Dudley, North Carolina. This opportunity will also provide an avenue to develop skills in various boiler maintenance tasks in addition to the operation of heavy equipment.
Our Fuel Handlers work in a hot, humid, cold, noisy, dusty, tobacco-free manufacturing environment and work 12 hour rotating shifts as well as overtime, weekends and holidays as required. The Fuel Handlers operate mobile equipment. i.e.; Wheel Loader, Forklift, in elevated areas and confined spaces. Successful candidates perform their work tasks efficiently and with minimal supervision.
What You Will Do in Your Role
- Operate boiler mobile equipment within the established guidelines of the manufacturer
- Accurately record operating data and field readings
- Perform routine inspections and complete PM work orders related to the fuel transport systems and mobile equipment owned by the boiler department
- Perform routine moisture analysis on wood fuel related to the permit
- Monitor ALL boiler conveyor systems and fuel processing equipment and make necessary corrections to ensure compliance and safe operating conditions
- Report abnormal conditions to Lead Fuel Handler/Boiler Operator or Shift Supervisor and assist with the implementation of remedial actions
- Assist with minor repairs to equipment within the powerhouse responsibility
- Become qualified for ALL permit requirements: Safe Work Permits, Lockout/Tagout Permits, Hot work/Fire Watch, Confined Space Entry and Supervisory Level Certifications
- Work with team members to achieve objectives and goals
- Assist with the completion of OBC, operator basic care, routes for boiler equipment
- Demonstrate safe work practices and follow, all safety rules to include wearing PPE required by the boiler department
- Operate boiler systems in accordance with environmental permit standards to ensure continuous compliance
- Respond to environmental issues, throughout the mill, in a timely and responsible manner
- HS Diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a heavy equipment operator in an industrial, farming, or military environment
- Mechanical experience and knowledge of fuel conveying systems and associated equipment, i.e.; conveyors, material transportation, rolling stock, and front end wheel loaders
- A minimum of three (3) year experience as a heavy equipment operator in industrial, farming, or military environment
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a heavy equipment operator in a powerhouse environment
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working with biomass boilers in a manufacturing environment
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working with steam systems, condensate collection systems, and fire protection systems, i.e.; Wet Fire Sprinkler Systems, Dry Pipe Systems, Dry Chemical Fire Suppression Systems
- A minimum of one (1) year of mechanical experience and knowledge of fuel conveying systems and associated equipment, i.e.; conveyors, material transportation, rolling stock, and front-end wheel loaders
- Certifications related to boiler operations, i.e.; Boiler license: NIULPE Class 4 up to Class 1 or any other state certifications
- Heavy Equipment Operator certification in either the private and/or military fields
The Experience You Will Bring
What Will Put You Ahead
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf