You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world’s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
Molex is seeking a creative and skillful Purchasing Specialist, Indirect.In this role you will be responsible for the support and execution of site procurement for our Lisle headquarters under the leadership of our global Indirect Category Management team.
- Execution of daily purchasing activities on responsible goods and services.
- Lead the procurement process working with the internal stakeholders to meet their business requirements.
- Initiate ideas and actions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of purchasing activities.
- Acquire and maintain technical understanding of procurement, knowledge of the supplier base and elements of product cost.
- Seek opportunities for total cost improvement across supply base including vendor consolidation, volume leveraging and commercial negotiation.
- Lead the recruitment, evaluation, and selection of suppliers through market sourcing, identification of supplier capabilities, the creation of RFx documents, proposal review, risk analysis, and complex commercial contract negotiation.
- Interact with Global Category Management for supplier negotiations and contract development.
- Ensures and monitors company compliance with contractual obligations, sourcing policies and preferred supplier arrangements.
- Communicates category updates to all stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1-3 years’ experience in procurement.
- 1-3 years’ experience in procurement practices and processes; sourcing methodology and contract development and negotiation.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to present and interact with internal customers and vendors for best total cost solutions
- Self-motivated with and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to influence change and establish best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills – ERP Systems, preferably SAP ECC, SAP SRM, SAP Ariba and Microsoft Office Suite.
- May require business travel domestic up to 5-10%.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: