Logistics Data Analyst
Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone. Are you ready to get started?
KBX Logistics, LLC in Green Bay, WI is seeking a Logistics Data Analyst who will work closely with members of Support, Operations, Purchasing and Business Development teams to evaluate trends though the design and development of reports and the analysis and interpretation of data using, SQL, Microsoft Power BI, SSRS, Excel and a variety of development and visualization tools. This includes the development of database tools, data analysis to evaluate the service and cost of KBX Logistics, and provision of data support for various programs and ad hoc reports.
A successful applicant will have the following characteristics:
- Ability to articulate business questions, pulling from large datasets and using statistics to arrive at answers
- Illustrate strong technical knowledge; efficiently writing optimized SQL queries in order to integrate with other applications
- Demonstrate interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation
- Demonstrate communication skills (verbal and non-verbal) with senior / executive level management and the ability to present data in levels of detail appropriate for the audience
- Exhibit strong self-initiative, problem solving, decision making, and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment to continuously create efficiencies through creativity, experimentation, and ideation
- Distinctive problem solving skills and business judgment
- Has the capability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and the ability to influence others
- Drive to challenge decisions professionally and respectfully
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment, while learning a new business domain and building subject matter expertise in a short period
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Deliver analytics to operations and the business to lower our total transportation cost
- Create and provide analytics to improve dedicated utilization
- Dive into the data and systems to understand what is driving\impacting the key metrics and results
- Providing the data to support intercompany memo for internal business
- Interpreting results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining
- Writing queries to extract data and build visualizations/analytical models to support business needs and fulfill business requirements
- Designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining business solutions
- Synthesizing large amounts of information while maintaining rigorous attention to detail
- Seeking innovation and creative solutions in reporting and analysis tools to proactively develop solutions to better assist the company’s key constituencies
- Collaborating with business requestors and IT developers to implement new enhancements; understanding the implications enhancements will have on data structures and query effectiveness
- Driving improvements in systems and technology for our data warehouse and implement, where possible, self-serve reporting capability
- Building and sustaining positive relationships with teammates; internal and external customers
- Reviewing data and reporting to ensure data integrity and compliance to standard reporting
- Innovating and using experimental discovery to prove the value created by our internal initiatives
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or associates degree
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries to integrate into other applications
- Experience using math and analytical skills in a professional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel including writing complex formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with the use of Business Intelligence Tool(s), preferably Microsoft Power BI
- Experience in Python or R
- 1+ years of analytical or logistics experience
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf