Medium Paper Machine Area Leader
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Medium Paper Machine Area Leader for our Cedar Springs, GA paper mill. This position reports directly to the mill Operations Leader and will be responsible for managing a department of over 60 employees (salaried and hourly). Cedar Springs, Georgia is a half hour East of Dothan, AL and an hour and a half Southwest of Albany, GA. Georgia Pacific Cedar Springs is a stable employer on 4,695 acres which employs approximately 500 employees.
This position is an opportunity to be part of a stable, rapidly expanding organization that offers a tremendous amount of growth potential. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of Paper Machine Operations. Incumbent provides leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of our Market Based Management (MBM®) Philosophy.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the department to achieve a safety and environmental incident free workplace identifying critical hazards and mitigating the risk based on criticality
- Manage and direct the work process for one medium paper machine, finishing and shipping, and recycled fiber operations
- Provide leadership consistent with our Market Based Management® guiding principles to facilitate the development of the knowledge and skills of self, salaried, and hourly employees to improve operational performance of the department and facility
- Continuously evaluate and identify constraints to eliminate quality and production bottlenecks and lead plans to improve current capability, and yield to improve our relative competitive position
- Optimize and coordinate planning for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, and maintenance and capital projects
- Provide daily support and technical expertise to area operators and maintenance personnel
- Communicate with all levels of the organization (i.e., via reports, e-mail, verbally, and/or in small/large group settings) in a team environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years or more experience working in a pulp or paper mill
- Three (3) years or more of paper machine leadership experience
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Eight (8) years or more of progressive leadership experience with direct reports in a paper machine operation
- Experience working in a Process Safety Management (PSM) covered facility
- Experience with CMMS and PI
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages is our ability to do so through our dedicated employees. Georgia-Pacific is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill, located in the southwest corner of Georgia is approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf