Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC is looking for Piping Apprentices for a client site in Channelview, TX. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship and relocation assistance will not be provided.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Receive and understand training for fire-watch, hole-watch, bottle-watch as primary responsibilities.
- Assist pipefitter with setting, assembling, and installing pipe as needed.
- Possess knowledge of pipe fittings, bolts, valves, etc, as required.
- Assist as needed to prepare pipe and fittings for hoisting and rigging as directed
- Being familiar with different types of metals (visual understanding of difference between Carbon steel and Stainless steel)
- Assist with Locating and marking cutting lines of the metal as directed.
- Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary
- Operate tools and equipment including: beveling machines, cut-off grinders, hammers, torches, magnetic drills, welding machines, and a Saw-Zall as directed upon training requirements being met.
- Ability to work safely and accurately.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 6 months previous experience working in an industrial environment
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- Must be able and willing to attend mandatory safety meetings
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- 6+ months working as a helper or turn-around experience
- Able to read, write & communicate in English
- Ability to understand how to read ISO’s and drawings with training
- Past exposure to different metals and knowledge of pipe fittings, bolts, valves, etc.
- Experience in a gas plant construction environment
Some physical demands of being a Piping Apprentice include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs.
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work on elevated platforms and maintain balance when stepping on narrow platforms such as beams and pipes. Must be able to perform these activities while wearing an approved full-body harness and lanyard.
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf