What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Preparing saw for proper level, tension, sharpness and all other specifications
- Preparing saw teeth and replacing broken or missing teeth
- Performing inspections and recording any problems with bandmills, edger, trimmer and vdag.
- Checking lumber faces, adjust saws/guides/remove saws from service as needed
- Cleaning bandmill areas
- Maintain filing equipment
- Conduct maintenance to ensure saw equipment is ready to run
- Ensure all guides are maintained at proper tolerances
- When sawing reliability decreases, troubleshoot and assist with repairs
- Work with supervisors, vendors, co-workers
- Conduct machine alignments
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least three (3) years previous work experience as a sawfiler
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- High School Diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) years or more of work experience as a sawfiler
- Experience with tooling bandmill wheels
- Experience with machine line ups
- Experience conducting maintenance on maintenance equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf