Senior Front End Software Developer
At Molex, we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. The mission of the Industrial Automation group at Molex is to drive and support the evolving needs of our global customers and partners in the (r)evolution of technology and platforms to support Industry 4.0. Our products and platform support customers in diverse market sectors, including robotics, plant automation and process control.
Molex’s Industry 4.0 Software SaaS Suite provides customers with a simple, scalable solution to configure, manage and monitor their automation needs. Along with a focus on simplifying the day-to-day of the world of automation, we have a laser focus on data privacy, software & system security. We are hiring for multiple positions in either front end, back end or full stack development.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Architect, design and implement new customer-facing features for Molex’s Industry 4.0 SaaS suite
- Work closely with system architects to ensure services conform to target architecture
- Design and develop high quality, maintainable, and testable code
- Drive technical priorities for overall front-end architecture, as well as technical debt prioritization
- Support and coach team members; provide guidelines, best practices and training to other individuals
- Collaborate with other technical leads and product owners to gather, evaluate and prioritize project requirements
- Apply agile development practices in a Scrum framework
- Help to prioritize and balance multiple concurrent projects and efforts
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- +6 years of software engineering/programming work experience
- Solid understanding and working experience with Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge and experience with micro-services architecture
- Cloud (Azure, AWS or GCP) knowledge and experience
- Working experience with version control systems preferably Git
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Experience developing modern Single Page Application (SPA) using popular web development frameworks such as: React, Angular, or Vue
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with event-based architecture, message brokers and messaging protocols
- An understanding of containerization, docker, and orchestration frameworks
- Experience with IoT technologies
- Knowledge in VueJS, and C#
- Experience managing shared components across company software suite