Supply Chain Planning Manager
Guardian Industries is a diversified global manufacturing company with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for the commercial and residential construction industries. Through our Science & Technology Center, Guardian is at the forefront of innovation including development of high performance, energy-saving glass coatings and other advanced products. Guardian, our subsidiaries, and affiliates operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Guardian’s North America Glass division is currently seeking an individual to fill the new position of Supply Chain Planning Manager. This position will ideally be basedin the Carleton, MI plant or at the North American Division headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan and is a key position reporting directly to the Regional Master Planning Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Supply Chain Planning Manager is the process owner for regional planning of multiple float lines producing campaigned (production every 3 months to 1 year) float products in one or more plants. The Supply Chain Planning Manager develops and maintains the master supply plan to support the regional inventory strategy. The Manager partners with regional and plant Supply Chain, Marketing/Product Management, Distribution Planning, and other plant leaders to achieve an executable plan for each campaigned product. The role is responsible to develop stocking strategy and to optimize inventory levels in alignment with contractual customer commitments and the Regional Sales & Operations Planning strategy.
- Serve as the integration point between Product Management and the regional Supply Chain organization to insure efficient campaign lengths and transitions
- Manage campaign cycles and length of campaigns to meet plant and regional objectives for days of transition each year
- Develop a campaign production cycle aligned with supply plan of both internal and external customers
- Coordinate float campaigns to optimize asset utilization across multiple float plants producing campaigned products
- Translate output of RapidResponse (Integrated Business Planning tool) into actionable production schedules aligned with executing to the overall Sales & Operations Plan
- Manage supply planning assumptions in RapidResponse based on input from Plant Operations
- Partner with sales to evaluate commercial opportunities for new and existing customers supply of campaigned products
- Develop stocking strategies based on historic demand patterns, commercial strategy, and customer contracts
- Partner with plant Warehouse Managers and Master Planning Leaders to align inventory levels with available warehouse capacity
- Manage inventory stocking strategy for campaigned products to meet annual business plan
- Manage aging inventory to prevent loss through obsolescence
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and customer service to understand demand forecast drivers
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Travel (up to 20%) between company locations
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of industry experience (Supply Chain, Master Planning, etc.)
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with data analysis to drive business decisions in connection with the Sales & Operations Planning process
What Will Put You Ahead
- APICS certification
- Experience using Kinaxis Rapid Response or other integrated business planning tools
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the glass industry
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf