Senior Accountant, Investments
Koch Industries, Inc.is seeking a Senior Accountant, Investments to join the Koch Investment Group team in Wichita, KS. This role will be the primary business partner for the Investment team in all finance, accounting and financial reporting matters. The position will interact with business leaders and the Investments Controller to ensure investments are appropriately recorded and reported under USGAAP, and in-line with underlying economic performance.
Successful candidates should possess:
- A trading mentality with a focus on continuous transformation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management across capabilities
- Aptitude and desire for problem solving, adopting and promoting the use of new technologies, learning new systems and improving processes through automation
This position can be based in Wichita, KS or Atlanta, GA
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Monitor and perform month-end closing activities, including but not limited to journal entries, accruals and business reports, ensuring compliance with company policies and meeting closing deadlines
- Provide ad hoc information and analysis to other departments (business finance, tax, etc.)
- Work with external auditors and support annual audit process
- Develop useful tools to aggregate and report on investment portfolio performance for individual business segments
- Aid in researching technical accounting treatment and economic reporting of new investment strategies, in collaboration with Business leaders
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business-related field
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a professional Accounting, Audit, or Financial Analysis role
- Advanced Microsoft/Office365 skills including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive
- Clear understanding of integrated financial systems, complex accounting systems and database structure
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- CGMA, CMA, CPA or Master Degree in Accounting
- SAP, Infor or other large ERP, integrated accounting system experience
- Experience with a system implementation, system upgrade, testing and/or reconciling transactions between multiple systems
- Experience with Excel macros, SQL/VBA, Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx and/or other data visualization tools
- Previous Public Accounting or Large Company Corporate Accounting experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf