Innovation Project Manager - Building Products
Georgia-Pacific Building Products is looking for an Innovation Project Manager to assist in managing product innovation projects within the organization. The Project Manager will be working across capabilities to manage and execute projects from innovation to commercialization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for managing a set of prioritized product innovation projects within Building Products
- Works cross-functionally across business capabilities (R&D, product management, marketing, sales, ops, product compliance, quality) and across businesses within BP (Gypsum, Wood Products, Chemicals)
- Leads the planning and tracking of projects and keeps project team accountable for delivering against project timeline
- Facilitates gate reviews within projects
- Facilitates identifying and monitoring project risks and mitigation plans and escalating when appropriate
- Tracks innovation portfolio metrics and helps identify innovation trends and bottlenecks
- Leads the team in using project management best practices and tools
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expertise at working with MS office and/or other PM software (ex: Microsoft Project, Excel, SmartSheet)
- Understanding of financial terminology (EBIT/EBITDA/NPV)
- At least 5 years of project management experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Operations, process, or technical experience
- Knowledge of building product materials
- Experience analyzing/interpreting data to drive actionable insights
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including R&D, Marketing, Product Management, Manufacturing, Legal, and others involved in new product development.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf