Non CDL Yard Jockey/Switcher
GP Harmon Recycling, a subsidiary of Georgia–Pacific, is one of the largest pure traders of recycled fiber in the world, trading in excess of 100 thousand tons per week. We develop markets for our supplier’s recovered materials and provide a reliable source of quality feed stock to our global customer base. To learn more about our Harmon Recycling division, visit http://www.gpharmon.com/
Georgia Pacific Harmon is seeking First and Second Shift Non CDL Yard Jockey/Switchers for the South Plainfield, NJ facility. This role supports the sustainability efforts of Georgia-Pacific by facilitating the movement of incoming and outgoing product through the facility. We are looking for candidates with a strong commitment to safety standards and knowledge of forklift operations. If you have yard jockey/switcher experience, are a safety-oriented person, and have a commitment to leading safety compliance, we look forward to hearing from you! This role works weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed. Yard Jockeys are regularly exposed to sparks, fumes, noise, vibration, confined spaces, moving equipment/machinery and outdoor weather, and work in hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Switch trailers in shipping and receiving yards
- Move trailers in yard to maximize space and maintain organization of the yard
- Safely operate, to including backing, tractor trailers in confined spaces
- Assist team members as needed and perform work with minimal supervision
- Perform housekeeping duties in respective work areas (indoor/outdoor)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. routinely
- Perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods of time, to include lifting (up to 50lbs), walking, climbing, and stooping
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE), i.e.; hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience operating tractor trailers
What Will Put You Ahead
• Current forklift license or be able to attain one within 6 months
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf