Sr Engineer, Optical
- New optical component design and its performance validation.
- Operate optical simulation tool for optical performance optimization.
- Optical tolerance analysis - Monte Carlo simulation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct optical design following high level design requirement from the managers.
- Co-work internally to complete optical component performance evaluation
- Co-work externally with strategic partner to develop optical component
- Lead optical component performance evaluation (define testing plan and condition) and analysis.
- Conduct critical design review meeting to settle design parameters
- Operate design simulation tool according to expertise, like ZEMAX, CODE V….. SCOPE: Take responsibility to manage optical component design, manufacture and performance validation through sufficient integrated design consideration internally and externally without being given detail guidance.
1.BS degree or above. 2.Major in Mechanics, Physics, Optics or Optoelectronics.
PREFERRED: Master Degree and major in Optics or Optoelectronics
- At least 3 years’ experience in optical component design and development experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in fiber optical communication industry
- Has fiber optical-sub-assembly design experience.
- Has work experience with lens maker based on molding and wafer level optics technics
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Familiar and can independently execute design with at least one of deign simulation tools for optical components.
- Have ability to solve issues in development independently.
- Good ability for performance characterization and data analysis.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Good teamwork, ownership, initiative, with a sense of urgency.
1.Have knowledge on process and mechanical tolerance related to optical system design
2.Has knowledge on lens manufacture based on molding and wafer level optics technics