*This Role is Eligible for a $15,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Do you aspire to leverage and further develop your skills and lead a team to excellence in safety, efficiency, and quality? If so, this could be the opportunity for you! Georgia Pacific is seeking a Production Manager our Fletcher, OK facility. Production Managers lead a team to ensure a safe and injury/incident-free environment in our fast-paced plant. They motivate, coach, and inspire by demonstrating, promoting, and applying Georgia-Pacific’s Market Based Management (MBM®) in daily actions and decisions to deliver maximum value to the business and our customers. If you are a driven leader who can operate with a principled entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to learn more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with Safety, Environmental, Maintenance, Operations, Controller, and Quality Leaders to gain the knowledge tools to elevate a team to its full potential
- Embrace and manage change to drive innovation and process improvements
- Apply MBM® to foster a culture where employees are empowered
- Facilitate team and employee development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable
- Take accountability of safety quality and efficiency through leadership, individual ownership and accountability, teamwork, and delegation
- Coach, motivate, and mentor the team to drive safe and efficient behaviors leading to positive outcomes. Take corrective action measures as needed
- Use critical & economic thinking, challenge process, and team collaboration to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence.
- Complete paperwork and reports with accuracy to meet deadlines
- Leverage strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with the facility team, leadership, and corporate associates in Atlanta
- Use organization and planning skills to execute tasks in a timely, purposeful, and orderly fashion
- Use critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to troubleshoot equipment and machinery
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five (5) years’ leadership experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- While this is a day shift position, the successful candidate will be able to work the occasional night, weekend, holiday, or on-call as needed.
- Willing and able to make safely the top priority and maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Experience enforcing safe work practices, including: Lock Out/Tag Out, forklift safety, machine guarding, hazardous materials, etc.
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Experience coaching, counseling and developing employees
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping, documentation, and reporting, including experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Willing and able to learn and use various computer-based production reporting applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical or business discipline
- Seven (7) or more years’ leadership experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Previous Gypsum experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf