Reliability Specialist- Utilities
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Reliability Specialist (Asset Availability Leader) to join our team at the Monticello, MS containerboard mill. This position will support the Utilities area (power & recovery), and directly reports to the Area Operations Leader. Monticello, Mississippi is located one-hour South of Jackson, MS and one-hour Northwest of Hattiesburg, MS. Georgia Pacific Monticello is a stable employer on 2,200 acres with 400 employees. This position is an opportunity to be part of a stable, rapidly expanding organization that offers a tremendous amount of growth potential.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Developing, maintaining, and executing asset strategies for critical equipment in the operations area
- Loss Accounting – Summarizing loss pareto reports for area leadership and providing input on work prioritization
- Cycle Outage Support – Coordinates with operations and maintenance teams to identify cycle outage work based on equipment strategies and equipment condition reports. Serves as owner’s rep as needed for key jobs in the area
- Building asset strategies and systems including Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM): organizing and managing asset reliability strategies involving appropriate application of condition monitoring and preventative maintenance using an RCM-based approach
- Equipment troubleshooting
- Root Cause analysis – Finding and resolving organizational issues that lead to premature equipment failure by utilizing strong interview skills and attention to detail
- Providing technical support on both capital and non-capital projects
- Safety & Compliance: Commitment to environmental, health, & safety excellence
- Acquires and shares knowledge of applicable standards, policies, and procedures in areas of EH&S
- Leads in a way that clearly values safety, regularly engages in and encourages safety participation amongst crew including facilitating safety meetings
- Possesses a passion for identifying and mitigating critical hazards
- Pursues environmental excellence
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4 years or more of experience in an operations, maintenance, or reliability role working within a manufacturing environment OR equivalent military experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); Word – (document creation/editing); PowerPoint – (presentation creation/editing)
- Experience with collecting, assembling, and analyzing data
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in engineering
- Experience within a power generation and boiling operation
- Experience using Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Experience using Microsoft Project and computer-based maintenance management systems (CMMS)
Experience with gap analysis and the use of pareto charts in Microsoft Excel
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship