INVISTA Precision Concepts (IPC) is a global supplier of micron tolerance machined parts operating out of its facilities in Martinsville, VA. Our modern climate controlled manufacturing facility contains over 50 automated computer controlled machine tools and high precision machining and measuring equipment that includes drilling, laser, Wire EDM, Ram EDM, punching and finishing systems.
As an Operating Technician you will be working along with machinists to manufacture spinnerets and other critical components for the textile industry. This position will be responsible for producing micro machined parts to very close tolerances in accordance to customer and site specifications.
We are looking for candidates who have the following attributes:
- Ability to follow guidelines, specifications, standards & regulations, and accepted best practices to accomplish work
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as a part of a team and be able to handle multiple tasks and manage priorities
- Must be adaptable to changes in equipment, assignments, procedures and methods
- Dedicated to following all safety guidelines and performing work in a safe and compliant manner
- Must have excellent hand and eye coordination
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Complete basic setup of production equipment such as polishing, lapping , optical inspection within an allotted time period
- Operate production equipment such as miniature hole producing machines, metal finishing machines, and inspection equipment within an allotted time period
- Perform in-process inspections; ensuring parts are within given specifications
- Perform routine housekeeping duties and general maintenance on equipment
- Prepare orders for shipment, ship parcels using shipping programs (UPS, FedEx), unload trucks, material handling functions, and operate a lift truck
- Read and interpret procedures, written instructions, and specifications
- Wear any or all of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, Nomex, gloves, safety footwear, and respirators. PPE use is in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for a given task
- Perform repetitive work producing micro components while looking through a stereoscope.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Programs
Move about a plant structure, including steps, ladders, and capable of lifting and moving up to 60 pounds
What Will Put You Ahead
- Completion of 65 education credit hours in a machinist field or 2 or more years machinist experience
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches
- Experience shipping parcels using shipping programs (UPS, FedEx), receiving materials, material handling functions, and operating a lift truck
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf