Predictive Maintenance Vibration Analyst Technician
Predictive Maintenance (PdM) Vibration Analyst Technician
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a motivated individual with a solid background in vibration analysis and asset health condition-based monitoring to join our team as a Predictive Maintenance (PdM) Technician at the Savannah River Mill in Rincon, GA. A successful candidate will be analytical and have a strong mechanical problem-solving skill set. This role works a M-F day shift and responds to call-ins as needed.
This role supports the plant reliability improvement program through condition monitoring and precision maintenance to ensure optimal plant equipment operation. The position requires analyzing and reporting the health of rotating process equipment to proactively identify component, equipment system issues and recommend corrective actions. This role interacts with other reliability team members, corporate vibration analysts, site operations, maintenance, and engineering to identify and resolve rotating equipment related issues.
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Conduct analysis of plant wide vibration data received through normal route-based collection and local/remote wireless monitoring of site assets, to include data review from various platforms including Emerson (CSI), wireless systems, as well as other on-line systems
· Perform data collection as needed for routed-based activity or troubleshooting
· Conduct field diagnostics and troubleshooting of rotating equipment
· Collaborate with other work groups including maintenance, operations, engineering, and GP corporate analyst to help develop proactive path forward for equipment issues
· Participating in Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s) if needed and knowledge shares with operations from learning events that will improve and optimize an Asset Strategy
· Build capabilities regarding existing or new equipment monitoring technologies
· Contribute to Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) cases, failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), and reliability centered maintenance (RCM) programs
· Work toward excellence in Environmental, Health, and Safety and compliance by participation in safety initiatives, identifying, and resolving hazards with critical and high risks
· Generate quality equipment repair notifications as required in SAP(CMMS)
Perform work that will entail lifting up to 50 pounds
The Experience You Will Bring
· High School diploma or GED
· Three (3) or more years of experience with vibration data and collection and troubleshooting rotating equipment
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Must have ASNT-TC1A Level 1 Certification in Vibration Analysis
· Experience using vibration collection software/tools and equipment diagnostic systems
· Knowledge of mechanical fundamentals and rotating equipment good work practices
What Will Put You Ahead
· Three (3) or more years of experience with vibration data and collection and rotating equipment troubleshooting
· ASNT-TC1A Level II or III (or equivalent) in Vibration Analysis
· Certification in thermography, and/or ultrasound
· Electrical/mechanical maintenance experience
· Experience with process data historians such as OSI PI
· Experience with applying mechanical precision maintenance fundamentals
· Associates Degree or higher in Engineering
· Experience with Modal and ODS Analysis, and Motion Amplifications Analysis
· Experience using Emerson AMS Machinery
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf