Molex is seeking a contribution minded Senior Accountant to join our Global Business Services Team. We have a spot for you onsite at our Corporate location in Lisle, IL with the potential for some remote work. Now is an exciting time to join us and become an integral part of the team that is responsible for and managing the costing and inventory calculations, goods in transit, functional currency, lease, Sec. 301 tariff, and ad-hoc tasks for all of the Molex companies.
The role will influence, drive process, implement change, proactively lead, and advise in a rapidly changing business environment while demonstrating a high level of transparency, accountability, and collaboration cross-functionally. This highly visible position within Corporate Finance will be viewed as subject matter expert for PII, functional currency, lease, Sec. 301 tariff, and system implementation related items. This role creates value for the business by providing accurate and timely accounting services to all business partners enabling them to make better business decisions. In this role you will gain exposure to the Molex business world, including our parent company Koch Industries, Inc. The knowledge and experience provided by this position create an excellent platform for continued career growth!
Molex (a subsidiary of Koch Industries) is a globally recognized provider of electronic solutions in a wide range of industries, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical. Check us out!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prepare monthly PII calculation considering intercompany inventory, transfer price, and inventory revaluations
- Prepare the monthly entries for capitalized purchase price variances and IC freight
- Prepare monthly capitalized variance calculation and provide additional reviews on extraordinary variances.
- Review intercompany goods in transit inventory and monitor downstream impacts on PII, and intercompany AR/AP
- Oversee lease and Sec. 301 accounting and reporting process
- Lead the annual conversion of foreign entities to USD functional
- Review account reconciliations and supporting documentation ensuring validity, accuracy, and completeness
- Partner with various departments, including plant controllers, division finance, global business services, financial reporting, FP&A, treasury, tax and legal
- Lead process optimization projects with the goal of driving efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop and monitor the accounting methodology of all in scope activities
- Support external auditor requirements and PBC listings for PII, Inventory counts, Goods in transit, LCM, capitalized variances, functional currency, leases, and Sec. 301 tariffs
- Support in implementing strategic objectives and initiatives, including system implementations
- Prepare memorandums and financial policies in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Previous experience in an Accounting focused role that required a working knowledge of Accounting processes, US GAAP requirements and Internal Financial Controls
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; (Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to Advanced level MS Excel skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA, MAcc or CPA
- Three years or more of progressive experience in Accounting/Finance roles
- Manufacturing industry experience; and/or Global company experience
- SAP or other large integrated financial system experience
- OneStream, or other financial consolidation software experience
- Inventory, Cost Accounting, ASC 842 lease and/or Functional Currency experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf