Production Supervisor – Wauna, OR
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is searching for individuals interested in facilitating continuous improvement and leadership for a dynamic team for our paper mill located in Clatskanie, Oregon. The Production Supervisor is one of our Performance Leaders and will be responsible for managing a diverse team. This leader will have a general understanding of the mill and will be accountable for the product system results that are impacted by their team’s performance and capability.
This position is an opportunity to be part of a stable, rapidly expanding organization that offers a tremendous amount of growth potential. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of the Tissue Paper Machines. This position provides leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of our Market Based Management (MBM®) Philosophy.
Wauna is located on the Columbia River and is centrally located near the beach and mountains with several forms of outdoor recreational activities. Wauna is within an hour drive to Portland, OR offering regional attractions and forms of entertainment.
Georgia-Pacific employees have the opportunity to influence the long-term success of the plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management. This is a role with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
Responsible for the positive technical and behavioral development of the master technicians and technicians. The Performance Leader will serve as a resource to manufacturing engineers and mentor to master technicians.
- Effectively lead, mentor, supervise, coach and develop hourly and salaried employees utilizing the MBM Guiding Principles and Operations Excellence tools to improve capability and performance
- Lead and foster an environment that develops principled business owners in an Ownership Based Work system who can identify learning/development solutions and optimize equipment
- Lead development and implementation of Performance, Skills, and Qualifications capability. Also address performance gaps for Master Techs, Technicians and Utilities against individual capability and performance measurements across the work platform
- Be the leader in advancing individual capability through strategic coaching and creative training materials and procedures
- Ensure that individual roles, responsibilities and expectations (RR&E’s) are aligned with mill and organizational goals to assure maximizing real long-term value for the company
- Hold team and individuals accountable for operating strategies and results
- Develop processes and systems which promote the transferring of knowledge to all team members
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers and other salaried leaders within the TAD product system to assure master tech/technician performance gaps are identified and addressed
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of (1) year of supervisory experience working in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); Word – (document creation/editing); PowerPoint – (presentation creation/editing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, OR 5 years of paper manufacturing experience, OR 10 or more years of experience leading groups in a fast-paced environment.
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience with responsibility for direct reports in an industrial environment.
- Experience leading a training organization in an industrial environment
- Experience working in a union manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.