Accountant / Senior Accountant
This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Minerals & Trading is seeking Accounting Talent to join our team! Located at the Koch Industries Corporate Campus in Wichita, KS, we are seeking candidates who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who seek to find fulfillment in what they do.
While in this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other accounting professionals, credit, treasury, tax, and risk within the Koch Minerals & Trading organization as well as other Koch affiliated companies. Our Accountants take an active role in efficiently producing financial information that is accurate and relevant for business decision making, ensuring the timely delivery of analysis reports, in addition to understanding accounting concepts and principles related to our world-wide commodity trading organization.
Candidates should possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, and ability to solve problems and help implement those solutions. Candidates should also be proactive, internally motivated, and willing to drive change in a fast-paced organization while maintaining integrity and compliance.
Koch Minerals & Trading companies have a unique, analysis and relationship-based foundation that has become their trademark in the global marketplace. Koch Minerals & Trading companies offer global coverage and world-class market knowledge in diverse commodities. The owner of KM&T, Koch Resources, LLC, maintains long-term credit rating of AA- from S&P and A1 from Moody’s, a credit rating higher than 98 percent of rated energy companies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Complete and innovate the month-end close and financial reporting processes to meet the best-in-class close timeline, including but not limited to recording, reviewing, reconciling, and analyzing the monthly tax provision
- Demonstrate your ability to understand complex business hierarchies for GAAP and management reporting purposes and provide support to other Corporate Capabilities regarding financial and government reporting inquiries
- Analyze large volumes of data from multiple sources, identify discrepancies and perform variance analysis, follow up until resolution is in place
- Build and develop relationships across the Koch companies to understand and optimize the various business tax positions
- Research tax impacts and determine required disclosures
- Complete and maintain foreign statutory accounting, including compilation of financial statements, preparation of footnotes, and communication of results with KM&T leaders
- Seek and share knowledge, identify opportunities for improvements, challenge status quo, develop recommendations, drive transformation
- Participate in larger scale implementation projects, define accounting requirements, and complete testing
- Develop and foster working relationships within KM&T and Koch that support overall business strategies and profitable decision making
- Exercise full compliance with KM&T Trading Standards and constantly work to strengthen KM&T’s control environment
- Seek and share knowledge, both internally and externally, to identify transformative best practices
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Previous experience in an Accounting focused role that required a working knowledge of Accounting processes, US GAAP requirements and Internal Financial Controls
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; (Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel Experience (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
- Microsoft Access Experience (including database creation, queries, reports)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master's Degree, MBA, MAcc or CPA license
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in Accounting and Analysis roles is preferred for our Senior level hires
- ASC 740, formerly FAS 109, accounting for income taxes experience
- Knowledge of commodity trading and trading fundamentals
- Experience using Power BI, SQL, OneStream or other data visualization tools
- Experience with ONESOURCE Tax Provision
- Experience with automation tools (Alteryx)
- Process Improvement / Process Transformation / Process Implementation experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.