Senior Manager - Technical Accounting
GAAP enthusiasts welcome! Koch Industries, Inc. is seeking a Senior Manager to lead the Technical Accounting Team within our US GAAP Financial Reporting Team. With multiple locations across the USA - We have a spot for you at one of our corporate offices! Check us out in Atlanta GA, Wichita KS, Chicago, IL or Auburn Hills MI... to name a few.
This role creates value through excellence in technical accounting, financial reporting and business partnering. Key deliverables for the role are leadership in technical accounting oversight for Koch Industries and its related companies. This role has visibility to the Koch Financial Reporting Senior Leadership Team, Tax, Legal, and Senior Business Leaders.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Interact with business and finance management in Koch businesses, including accountants and controllers, treasury, tax and legal to provide consultation on business and technical accounting matters
- Act as a key contact for members of the Controllers’ and Tax organizations to research and answer technical accounting and accounting policy questions
- Document conclusions on technical matters in memos / white-papers
- Coordinate and communicate technical matters/adoption of new standards with the external auditors
- Research new and existing GAAP requirements, including the development with Senior Leadership of comment letters in support of US GAAP guidance development
- Create, maintain and update key accounting policy frameworks
- Provide accounting support and research for non-routine projects and confidential transactions (mergers, acquisitions and divestitures)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting or Accounting minor
- At least 8 years of experience in a Technical Accounting role
- At least 3 years of experience leading a team; in support of US GAAP External Filings and/or a Technical Accounting Capability
- Previous large company Audit experience and/or working with external Auditors
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP research and application; experience developing a point of view based on research and guidance
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree / C.P.A. / Other Professional Certification
- Public Accounting experience (Big 4 or large national firm preferred)
- Large Company Corporate Accounting experience
- Corporate Financial Reporting experience
This role may consider remote candidates residing in the U.S. except within the state of Colorado
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf