Area Procurement Manager
Georgia-Pacific is recruiting for an Area Procurement Manager for the Wauna pulp mill near Clatskanie, Oregon. The Wauna Area Manager, reporting to Western Region Group Manager will manage fiber procurement for both the Wauna Chip mill and the Wauna Pulp mill. This role is a key member of the Western Region WFS procurement team executing the sourcing strategy for both Toledo, OR, and Wauna, OR pulp mills.
This position is homebased regionally and is open all areas of the Pacific Northwest
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Mill communication – direct communication with mill leadership at Wauna Pulp mill. Support innovation and experimentation for both W&FS and manufacturing. Stay abreast of mill issues and respond appropriately
- Work with the WFS team to develop and execute both long and short-term sourcing strategies for the Western Region – Utilize MBM® principles and mental models for lowest cost / highest value sourcing. Communicate with mill partners and provide updates as requested
- Participating in mill projects by providing W&FS point-of-view and support
- Environmental, Health and Safety excellence –pursue excellence in these areas for all aspects of performance. Understand and apply the risk management system (RMS)
- Compliance – manage operations by setting high expectations for compliance including the Code of Conduct
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Three years or more of experience in Forestry, Procurement, or Supply Chain fields (experience must include one or more of the following price/volume, forecasting, transportation logistics)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Forestry, Procurement, or Supply Chain
- Five or more years of experience in Forestry, Procurement or Supply Chain
- 2 years or more of experience sourcing raw material in the wood products industry
- Experience influencing outcomes in a manufacturing environment without having full ownership or control
- Experience utilizing data and market information to develop sourcing strategies
- Experience utilizing technology to transform and improve business practices
- Previous experience with contract negotiations
- Previous experience in a leadership role
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf