Thin Films Process Engineer
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Thin Films Process Engineer in Richburg, SC!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilize SPC, statistical methods and data analysis to improve production processes
- Troubleshoot problems that occur during the manufacturing process of the optical coatings related to uniformity, color, spectral matching, etc.
- Ensure coater conditioning is tracked and becomes well understood: Acquire the tools necessary and become proficient at their use
- Troubleshoot vacuum systems
- Continuous improvement of thin film uniformity
- Ensure spectral matching is learned and followed: Acquire and/or provide the tools necessary and become proficient at their use
- Train production operators and working collaboratively with them to improve processes
- Understand operation and maintenance on a sputtering based industrial glass coating line
- Tune-in and maintain the thin films coatings
- Support R&D experiments on production equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's or Master’s in Materials Science, Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Ceramic Engineering, Physics, or one of the Engineering disciplines
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience conducting design and process failure modes and effects analysis
- Experience with complex projects, ability to analyze problems quickly and develop corrective actions
- Experience with MS Project and MS Excel
- Experience with statistical methods and analysis
- Experience generating design of experiments (DOE) documentation and execute the plan(s) associated with them
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Experience in Optical Thin Film technologies and vacuum related technologies focusing on reactive magnetron sputtering process
- Experience in TF Calc, Optilayer, Essential McLeod, or other thin film modeling packages
- Experience using thin film optical materials and thin film characterization techniques such as Auger, XPS, SEM, TEM, AFM and XRD
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf