Commercial Revenue Manager
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Commercial Revenue Manager to support to our GP Corrugated business. Our team is based in Atlanta, GA. Georgia Pacific Corrugated is at an exciting moment where we are building up our Commercial Excellence capabilities. The Revenue Manager will work closely with regional leadership (commercial and operational) to shape pricing strategies with a goal of maximizing profitability through constant optimization of volume and price. You will be a champion for the Revenue Management capability and are a key part of identifying processes and tools needed.
We need someone who is a self-starter, has presence to deal with challenges of change management, and can help to build out standardized knowledge systems. You will also partner with HQ Revenue Management team to understand and implement tools, systems, global frameworks, and analysis.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Building and maintaining a Market point of view, Customer point of view, and Competitor point of view within the Region with attention to GP’s advantaged capabilities, weaknesses, capacity, capabilities and strategy (close engagement with Sales Team, Area General Manager and Customer Service Representative and interact directly with Customer as appropriate)
- Maintaining a point of view for pricing levels and monitor trends within region (transacting levels, competitive landscape, next best alternatives based on supply/demand and pipelines)
- Performing systematic scientific testing of price hypothesis and NBA assumptions to validate and continuously improve pricing intelligence and mental models
- Maintaining accurate item and customer level data and analyze that data to inform decisions and measure success relative to margin improvement goals
- Identifying the highest potential customer types to target by geography/plant based on combination of Georgia-Pacific operations capability, customer/competitor intelligence, and Market Research and Insight Team POV
- Educate Commercial Team on drivers of margin improvement and help them translate to product/solution type and customer targets
- Supporting local Sales Teams by reviewing pipelines to ensure they are targeting the appropriate segments and customers that fit our strategic objectives and maximize our total margin dollars
- Participate in developing and utilizing standardized tools (e.g. costing, pricing) and reports that considers item attributes, order patterns, costs to serve and operational impacts – provide continuous improvement feedback
- Identify Regional opportunities regarding capacity and strategic strengths that will maintain or increase our total margin by optimizing price and volume
- Remaining informed of Market Research & Insight team’s view of strategic customers, markets and solutions and apply knowledge in pricing actions
- Advise mix management activities at a regional, plant and machine center level
- Developing a clear understanding of customer value chain and recognize opportunities to create value through product design, service offerings and supply chain optimization
- Maintain governance and oversight of all pricing activities related to new items, new customer bids, incumbent business renewal negotiations, contractual/verbal agreement price changes to ensure invoiced prices are accurate relative to customer agreements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or Quantitative field
- A minimum of three years of financial analysis experience and point-of-view development
- Experience supporting pricing decisions and activities through performing margin analysis while utilizing business drivers, key performance indicators, and identifying trends
- Must be able to travel domestically up to 30% (including overnight travel)
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA or advanced degree
- 2 years or more of Pricing experience
- Internal Corporate Strategy or Prior Consulting Experience
- Experience in communicating across multiple levels of stakeholders
- Understanding of financial statements and drivers
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf