Supervisor Technical Documentation
We are currently building our in-house technical writing leadership staff and are looking for a talented Technical Documentation Supervisor to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
Successful applicant will be responsible for supervising daily activities of technical writers. Ensure standard documentation methods are followed by staff. Provide guidance on writing complex technical documentations. Maintain technical documentation by collaborating with Molex personnel to interpret customer and international regulatory organization reliability test specifications and translate them into design and testing requirements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage content for requirement library. Ensure linkage and traceability across relevant technical information (i.e. Requirements, test standards, DFMEA standards, work instructions)
- Stay current with latest revisions of industry/customer standards.
- Prioritize specification projects based on immediacy of need and complexity of work.
- Lead formal reviews of critical test specifications with subject matter experts (SME) i.e. product design and test engineering personnel.
- Supervises, develops and appraises technical writers globally. Makes daily work assignments and assesses the progress of projects. Reviews test methods used by the supervised staff.
- Maintain & lead efforts in creating lab testing procedures, Gap Analysis & Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
- Ensures standard departmental procedures are adhered to and provides guidance regarding development and modification of technical documents such as flow, formatting and document structure.
- Integrate and control technical documents with Molex PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) or systems.
- Recommend new and innovative means to meet department documentation goals that simplify compliance, reduce complexity, support additional communication and improve overall quality and timing.
- Participate in lab continuous improvement meetings to identify and document areas of improvement in lab quality processes.
- Interact with external committees/owners to seek specifications clarity.
- Understands, supports and contributes to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associates Degree in a Technical field or 4+ years of relevant experience.
- 2 or more years’ experience with technical writing and or specification interpretation.
- 2 or more years of supervisory or management experience.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a broad knowledge of:
- Proven supervisory/management skills to effectively manage a technical team.
- Proven project management skills to manage and complete several large projects simultaneously which require support from several different sources.
- Experience with automotive technical specification such as USCAR or other OEM specifications.
- Experience in interpreting complex specifications and ability to decompose them into easy to digest documentation.
- Strong mediation skills, ability to challenge and resolve varying interpretations of customer specifications/expectations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple project/project types requested by varying customers/departments.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications; Familiar with technical documentation (requirements test specification and standards, etc.)
- Good understanding of publication practices (e.g. mediums, layout, design, etc.).
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf