The Georgia-Pacific corrugated packaging facility in Santa Teresa NM is now hiring a Maintenance Technician. In this position, you will be utilizing your knowledge and skills around electrical and mechanical maintenance, while building a fulfilling career in the packaging industry! If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact to your company and community, this may be the opportunity for you!
$24/hour or higher starting pay depending on experience!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing machinery and mechanical equipment including motors, controls, PLC's, drive systems, hydraulic/pneumatic components, and power transmission systems
- Utilizing diagrams, schematics, sketches, operations manuals and manufacturer's specifications in order to maintain and properly fix machinery issues
- Lubricating equipment as needed, identifying opportunities to improve lube program through improved techniques and technology
- Performing physical job tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling while working in elevated spaces and/or confined spaces
- Maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring compliance with all safety practices in the facility
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in 1 or more of the following:
- 1+ years' of industrial maintenance experience/industrial military experience
- 1+ years' of formal maintenance mechanical training (technical college/trade school or military)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Corrugated packing industry work experience
- Background with troubleshooting PLCs, bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and/or conveyors
- Experience with proper lubrication techniques and oil analysis procedures
- Experience with AC motors to 460V and DC drives
- Fabrication and/or welding experience
- Previously worked with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Reading technical drawings and schematics
THIS ROLE IS NOT OPEN TO VISA SPONSORSHIP
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf