Quality Sourcing Specialist
We are seeking a Quality Sourcing Specialist that jointly will collaborate with the Sourcing Specialist, to oversee all qualifications on suppliers assigned for the Mexico site. This person will mainly work on strategic initiatives as well as ensuring effective tactical execution of quality assurance and quality control activities focused on suppliers’ skills and capabilities. This person will qualify, ensure, and approve actual and new suppliers’ portfolio.
A successful candidate will be well organized, collaborative, negotiation skilled, innovative, and technical skilled.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- ·Develop Quality strategies by commodity for region of responsibility
- ·Conduct qualification process in cooperation with other KES disciplines such as Procurement Sales and Engineering
- ·Identify, develop, and maintain quality supply sources to meet company requirements. Maintain Quality evaluations for on-shore and off-shore suppliers by commodity
- ·Support the development of a Low-Cost Country (LCC)aligned with the sourcing strategy and implement accordingly
- ·Support and drive the implementation of the Sourcing strategies from sales phase to project execution stage, ensuring opportunities are leveraged and risks mitigated. Implement any additionally required Quality action for the assigned project
- ·Participates in technical project reviews to orient and influence technical decisions according to global cost of purchase and risk evaluation considerations
- ·When necessary initiates and presides project meetings with the supplier related to technical topics
- ·Ensure strategic suppliers are qualified and maintain accurate documentation within SharePoint
- ·Ensure performance measurement of strategic suppliers and maintain a level of performance that meets department/company expectations. Reports status and progress on a regular basis to Operations Leader and Regional Manager
- ·Ensure timely communications with strategic suppliers and follow a supplier relationship management approach
- ·Support the development of long-term agreements with strategic suppliers ensuring a win/win scenario whilst maintaining competitive advantage for the company
- ·Coordinate activities to ensure efficient hand off from strategic to operational activities. Contribute to commercial/technical bid packages, and support the supplier selection process
- ·Oversee as support on activities to ensure quality materials are received timely to meet project schedule, resolving any issues or matters of concern. Provide appropriate feedback on best practice methods to improve profitability efficiencies and avoid warranty/back charge costs Recommend continuous system and department improvements to accurately track and respond quickly to Company requirements
- ·Represent departments on various company committees as requested
- ·Act as support on schedule tracking. Work with suppliers and procurement to ensure delivery commitments are met with tactical team PQM.
- ·Monitor performance at subcontractor facilities, including but not limited to staffing levels, Non conformances, receipt of major materials, and performance of sub-suppliers
- ·Proactively identify any potential bottlenecks, critical path items which could jeopardize overall project schedule; alert relevant parties in the event of schedule slippage and provide solutions to resolve
- ·Monitor process sub-suppliers (coating, galvanizing, plate rolling, etc.) as required to verify status of production and anticipate issues which will affect schedule.
- ·Provide input for process improvements that minimize risk of manufacturing and testing issues on complex commodities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- ·Security and confidence in the selection and approval of the supplier’s portfolio
- ·Teamwork collaborator
- ·Effective collaborator, focused on results
- ·Effective communication skills
- ·Manufacturing, fabrication, or engineering support.
- ·5+ years in a Quality Sourcing Specialist role and relevant work experience
- ·Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in quality, manufacturing, or engineering
- ·Knowledge of quality tools, such as SPC, design of experiment (DOE), root cause analysis NCRs, ISO, Six Sigma is a plus.