What You Will Do In Your Role
In this role, designer will have the opportunity to support new connector and terminal product development projects as well as modifications and extension activities for legacy products through all product development phases required to bring concepts into production
- Project Definition: Supports documentation of the project scope, requirements, feasibility, & engineering workplan, customer needs.
- Design concepts: Design concepts
- Predictive Engineering: Excecutes DFMEA, FEAs ,Tolerance Analysis and other theoretical studies.
- 2D/3D Documentation: Creates product models & drawings using GD&T methodology and follows engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.
Design Verification, Product Validation, & Production Support:
- Validation Plan: Develop test plans (DVP&Rs) to validate product performance and analyze test results using statistical methods
- Problem Solving: Lead root cause analysis utilizing structured problem solving methods(8D)
The Experience You Will Bring
Work Experience: 5-10 years product design experience with basic knowledge in material mechanics, manufacturing processes, & engineering processes/tools (as defined in responsibilities) Education:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent science degree
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent science degree
New product design process, Concept generation, DFMEA, GD&T, Tolerance analysis, DVPR, USCAR2, Sheet metal dies, Injection mold, Plating process, Manufacturability, SPC, Process capability, 8D