New Business Development Manager -Polymers
This position can be anywhere in US with preference in Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta or Wichita
INVISTA is seeking a New Business Development Leader for North America that will work in our Wichita office. This person will develop robust downstream interactions and point of view on applications and formulate strategy to drive the demand. This person will be at the forefront of growth for INVISTA.
This person will be interacting with compounders, Tier 1’s and OEM’s. This person will be responsibility to development perspective on (existing and new) downstream applications and translate customer requirement to facilitate R & D direction. This person will formulate strategy to accelerate commercialization of new product and drive polymer demand.
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon. INVISTA's businesses include Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop new business model and project pipeline, create Point-of-view (POV) utilizing commercial sense
- Develop new business models to maximize value creation for downstream customers and interact with downstream customers for new project pipeline
- Execute material solution to commercialize projects with premium profit
- Leverage internal and external resources to arrange downstream market participant and customer visits
- Establish new contacts to generate leads for arranging downstream customer meetings
- Attend tradeshow and conference to update intel or emerging trend in new application spaces such as NEV, 5G, E&E etc.
- Leverage internal and external resources to generate NPD proof-of-concept for Tier1/OEM pull through
- Identify potential applications favor to PA66/HMD and analyze and fill the gap between application specification and our materials properties
- Work closely with commercial development team and Global New Business Development to fine tune internal POV on PA66 and HMD demand
- Proactively provide customer inputs to R&D group to help prioritizing development work and develop either new applications or materials to incremental market with extraordinary volume
- Drive the strategic decision-making process with business leaders
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Finance, Accounting or related business or quantitative study
- Demonstrated expertise in Engineering Polymer (EP)
- Industry knowledge of automotive, Electrical Engineering and/or Commercial and Industrial segments
- Familiarity and existing network with external downstream supply chain relationships
- Ability to translate and anticipate downstream customer requirements
- Experience with Thermoplastics compounds
- Hands on experience in injection molding trial and processing problem solving
- Knowledge of extrusion and blow-molding
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA or Masters Degree in Business or Engineering related fields
- Experience with PA66 polymer chemistry
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf