Are you a hard-working individual seeking a long-term career with opportunities for advancement, working for a company that puts safety first? If so, Georgia-Pacific may have the right role for you!
Join our company as a Manufacturing Technician at our Green Bay Day Street facility, where you will help produce nationally known brands of tissue products for customers around the country. (For more information about our Day Street Facility, please visit: www.gp.com/Company/Company-Overview/Locations/Green-Bay.)
This position starts at $18.36 per hour, but many new hires move to positions paying $20.00 - $23.00 per hour after a 90-day probationary period. This position also offers a $2000 sign on bonus eligible to external candidates after 90 days. Manufacturing technicians will work a rotating twelve (12) hour shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime. Manufacturing technicians work in an environment that is sometimes hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances. Your robust, comprehensive benefit package will also include:
- Significant opportunities to advance in pay and responsibility throughout your career
- Lucrative pay for overtime, call time and holiday work, and night shift premiums (top rates exceed $30 per hour)
- Paid vacation
- Health and dental coverage, HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Life and disability insurance
- Pension and company-matched 401K
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Operating mobile equipment to transfer product
- Troubleshooting minor machine malfunctions and making machine adjustments
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Working in high and/or confined spaces
- Performing equipment changeovers
- Performing general housekeeping duties
- Adhering to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing machines, equipment, appliances, or vehicles
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more experience working in a manufacturing, industrial or agricultural environment
- One (1) year or more of forklift experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
IND - GP - OPS