If you are skilled in manufacturing, we’d like you to join the team at our Green Bay Broadway Mill as a Converting Technician.
Based on your experience, you’ll earn between $19.00 and $22.00 per hour, and receive a $2,000 sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment.Your work schedule will consist of a (12) hour rotating shift (days and nights), which includes some weekends, holidays, overtime and occasional on-call hours.Besides a great starting salary, you will also receive a full benefits package, overtime opportunities and immediate eligibility for vacation. Successful team members may also be eligible for quarterly performance-based pay bonuses and opportunities to advance based on your capability, not seniority.
What You Will Do In This Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Work on the manufacturing floor and in control rooms to observe and maximize production of our nationally known tissue brands
- Provide input and make decisions that directly impact the quality products that proudly carry our company’s name
- Use computer control systems and troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Adjust equipment and make minor repairs
- Perform equipment changeovers
- Operate forklift
- Strictly adhere to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific job
- Occasionally perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) year or more of experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating paper converting equipment
- Experience working a rotating shift
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment
At Georgia-Pacific, you will work for a company that values your skills and knowledge. We won’t just offer you a job, but a career that allows you to grow, learn and innovate as an individual. Our Green Bay Broadway Mill recently celebrated its 100-year anniversary, has a long history of community involvement and sustainable practices and is one of the world’s largest recyclers of wastepaper. To learn more about what we do there, please click www.gp.com/Company/Company-Overview/Locations/Green-Bay.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
IND - GP -OPS