At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our facility in Albion, Michigan is looking for Mechanical Technicians to join their team. This position is an experienced skilled crafts role that creates value by performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals. The Maintenance Technician will work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed. This position pays $28.50 per hour!!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical schematics
- Using hand tools, power tools and precision-measuring devices and testing instruments
- Completing mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance activities
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance experience
- Experience working with 240/480-volt 3 Phase motors
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience with PLC interface pattern control
- Experience working with hydraulic & pneumatic systems
- Willing and able to provide your own metric and standard tools, e.g.: socket and wrench sets and Allen T-handles
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Two (2) year or higher degree in Industrial Technology
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging industry
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience programming PLCs
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf