We are currently recruiting Machine Operators for the Savannah River Mill. In this role, you will be part of the continued operation and reliability improvements of various production lines. This position will work closely with Manufacturing Engineers, other Advanced Technicians, Reliability Technicians, Technicians, and various members of the product system the technician is assigned to.
This Machine Operator role will work in a high energy, dynamic organization established on the principles of an adaptive work system focused on the execution of reliability strategies. Technicians will learn and apply the equipment theory of operation and the operational processes. This position pays $17/hour and will work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively identify hazards and mitigate risk
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment as well as high standards for quality and product safety
- Operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment to the desired competitive state
- Flow to the highest value work
- Effectively communicate valuable information to the team using a variety of tools (verbal, written, electronic, etc.)
- Apply knowledge and expertise while building and improving asset strategies:
- Operate equipment within operations targets and limits along with providing feedback on improvements
- Evaluate and execute operator basic care (OBC) and lube routes
- Make recommendations on spare parts strategy
- Actively engage in the execution of Zone Ownership and/ or equipment PPR's (Primary Person Responsible)
- Working in a sometimes hot, cold, humid, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substance
- Performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks throughout the 12-hr shift, to include lifting, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing ladders/stairs
- Working and/or operating mobile equipment at heights
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least six (6) months or more of experience in a manufacturing, industrial, farming, construction, and/or military environment
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a team
What Will Put You Ahead
- Operations experience on converting equipment
- At least one (1) or more years of experience troubleshooting and repairing equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf