Process Engineer - Thin Films
Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment for risk-takers and results-oriented individuals and a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence. We are presently recruiting for a Thin Film Process Engineer who will thrive in this culture. This position will be located at our Carleton Michigan Float Glass facility.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilizing SPC, statistical methods and data analysis to improve production processes including enhancements in yield, lowering costs, and increasing manufacturing uptime
- Troubleshooting problems that occur during the manufacturing process of the optical coatings related to uniformity, color, etc
- Documenting standard operating procedures, training guidelines, and “what if” scenarios
- Assisting in new product development and maximizing manufacturing capabilities
- Establish operating parameters for new processes; conduct optimization experiments; establish best practices and procedures
- Leading complex projects in a team-based environment taking advantage of your excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Utilizing lean and/or continuous improvement methodologies to facilitate process improvements and teach others
- Working with customers to resolve quality issues and implement corrective actions (up to 20% travel can be expected)
- Training production operators and working collaboratively with them to improve processes
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Materials Science, Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Ceramic Engineering, Physics, or one of the Engineering disciplines.
- Experience TF Calc, Optilayer, Essential McLeod, Ellipsometer or other thin film modeling packages
- 1-5 years of experience in Optical Thin Film and vacuum related technologies focusing on reactive magnetron sputtering process
- Familiarity with thin film optical materials and thin film surface characterization techniques such as Auger, XPS, SEM, and XRD
- Experience with on-line characterization tools such as Zeiss, DTMs (Digital Transmission Monitoring), RGA (Residual Gas Analyzer) and coating inspection systems such as Dr. Schenk or ISRA Vision
- Experience with QC Lab equipment including Profilometer, Hunter Pro, Perkin Elmer, chemical and machinal optical coatings durability testing
- Experience with statistical methods and analysis
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Ability to conduct design and process failure modes and effects analysis
- Experience with complex projects; ability to analyze problems quickly; development of corrective actions
- Ability to clearly present and communicate ideas, concepts, and plans across multiple levels
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf