Embedded Software Engineer
Development of embedded software code for use in medical devices.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Expand the capability for embedded software development at the Hudson, WI location, in collaboration with existing software staff.
- Perform the development of embedded software for portable battery-powered medical devices.
- Write the related design input and design output documentation supporting development activities.
- Write, oversee, and perform validation test protocols for embedded software.
- Establish embedded software development processes that comply with the IEC62304 standard “Medical device software — Software life cycle processes”
- Collaborate with the global team of software engineers within the company and medical division.
- Extended travel to other facilities may be required to support business needs (Pre-production positions only)
- Some programs may have vision requirements Other duties as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience (5 years preferred) developing embedded software for medical devices, or similar consumer health devices
- Experience with real-time operating systems and custom state-machine architectures.
- Knowledge of hardware and low-level peripherals, e.g. ADCs, timers, UART, SPI, I2C.
- Familiar with ARM Cortex microprocessor architecture and related software development tools for same.
- Experience developing software under IEC 62304 guidelines
- Experience with medical device software validation
- Bluetooth low energy protocol
- C programming language
- Python programming language
- Test Driven Development
- Software unit testing
- Software integration testing
- Software configuration management (for example: git, Jira, Bitbucket, Jenkin)
- Microsoft Office skills
- Basic ERP/MRP experience
- English, other languages a plus
- Decision making and prioritization skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to work with little guidance
- Ability to perform in a team environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of cybersecurity
In order to comply with U.S. Export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic In Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf