Automation Mechanical Engineer
What You Will Do In Your Role
- 1.Provides assembly feasibility (Design for Manufacturability) and equipment cost estimates to the new product development team.
- 2.Works with engineering department to determine design complete dates. Prioritizes work and delegates work assignments to designer engineers.
- 3.Designs new cable manufacturing machinery utilizing the Siemens NX CAD software.
- 4.Assists in developing and executing the machine qualification plan.
- 5.Attends Design Reviews and PFMEA’s while working with design engineers to improve current and future designs of automation.
- 6.Tracks projects using internal methods for summarizing component cost, labor, and leadtime. Develops accurate, up-to-date BOM’s and Spare Tooling Lists
- 7.Understands, supports, and contributes to complete projects according to internal product development procedures, TQM and IS/QS-9000 requirements. Embraces Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- 8.Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- 9.International Travel: 10% per year.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1.Bachelor Degree in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering.
- 2.3+ years’ Mechanical Design Experience.
- 3.2+ years’ Experience with automated manufacturing /assembly systems.
- 4.Proficient in Siemens NX or comparable 3D CAD package.
- 5.Expertise in the design and documentation of complex assemblies in CAD.
- 6.Understanding of GD&T and knowledge of where to preform tolerance analysis
- 7.Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- 8.Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections.