Georgia-Pacific is currently searching for Manufacturing Technicians at our Green Bay facility on Packerland. This position would work a 12-hour rotating shift (6:30-6:30) on a 2-2-3 schedule with Friday/Saturday/Sunday as the weekend. Switching from days to nights and nights to days every two weeks with the flexibility to trade shifts with coworkers.Our Manufacturing Technicians work around moving equipment and machinery in an environment that has dust, oil, grease and other substances.Starting wages are flexible based on experience. Georgia-Pacific offers plenty of starting wages which are flexible based on experience. Georgia-Pacific offers plenty of opportunities for advancement within their organization and benefits start the first of the month following a start date.
There is a $2000 sign on bonus for external candidates paid after 90 days of employment.
Georgia-Pacific Packerland, is a leading specialty paper packaging supplier focused on providing a quality product and cost savings to our customers in the foodservice and retail napkin industry. This facility converts paper goods for foodservice industry to include interfolded napkins, sandwich wraps, deli wraps, carryout bags and facial tissues.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Setting up, operating, and/or tending machines to perform a variety of functions, such as rewinding, folding, printing, gluing, wrapping, boxing, or stacking of paper goods and performing preventive maintenance and basic machine repair
- Meeting daily production standards
- Inspecting product to ensure quality standards are met
- Adhering to all safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures, including wearing safety equipment
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Using hand tools to include but not limited to: wire/band cutters, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, and tape measure
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area throughout shift
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agriculture or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience utilizing computerized machinery in a production environment
- Experience working in converting
- Experience working a rotating shift
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment
- Forklift experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
IND - GP - OPS