Senior Analyst (Financial Accounting)
GAAP enthusiasts welcome! Koch Industries, Inc. is seeking a Senior Analyst to join the Financial Accounting & Reporting Team. We already have a spot for you in Lisle, IL or Atlanta, GA or Wichita, KS at one of our corporate locations; although alternative locations may be considered.
This role creates value through excellence in technical accounting, financial reporting and business partnering. This role has visibility to Tax, Legal, Treasury and Koch Industries Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting team and their Leadership. In this role you will have the opportunity to partner with the businesses to automate reporting processes and create uniform reporting within our growing leveraged capability in financial reporting and US GAAP reporting. You will also assist the businesses in preparing complex reports (monthly, quarterly and year end) and ensure proper accounting adoptions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate and communicate with customers on reporting expectations and deadlines
- Look for innovation opportunities in the financial reporting space that can be leveraged across multiple businesses
- Coordinate and analytically evaluate the quarter/year end financials and explain key drivers to management
- Provide guidance on treatment for complex accounting topics
- Assist in implementation of new accounting standards and the resulting reporting requirements
- Assist in implementing a consistent reporting solution for the Koch Companies
- Perform certain month-end closing activities in a timely and accurate manner, including but not limited to journal entries, accruals and business reports as well as ensure compliance with company policies and meet closing deadlines
- Provide ad hoc information, reporting and/or data analysis to other departments (Tax, Audit, Corporate, AP, etc.)
- Prepare the year-end annual report and help support the year end audit process working with external auditors and various business accounting groups
- Perform accounting activities in compliance with financial, regulatory, and corporate accounting policies and guidelines
- Apply appropriate internal controls in a changing business transformational environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business
- At least 3 years of previous experience in an Accounting/Finance focused role that required a working knowledge of Accounting processes, US GAAP requirements and Internal Financial Controls and/or Financial Reporting
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel Experience (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
What Will Put You Ahead:
- MAcc, CPA or other professional certification
- 5 or more years of a combination of experience in Accounting and Analysis roles
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP requirements (research, whitepapers, memos)
- Experience using Power BI, OneStream, Tableau, Alteryx, or other data visualization tools
- Process Improvement / Process Transformation / Process Implementation experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf