Production Utility – Brewton, AL
Do you enjoy working as a team member and take pride in accomplishing production excellence? Then don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity! Our Georgia-Pacific facility located in Brewton, AL is currently seeking candidates who are interested in immediate Production Utility opportunities.
This role creates value by learning multiple operator functions in our power and recovery, shipping, woodyard, pulp mill or paper machine areas to cover for absences as well as to fill available vacancies as openings arise. GP employees who think critically, demonstrate initiative, work as a collaborative team member and have a strong focus on safety will find opportunities for long-term growth and fulfillment.
Our Production Utility employees work rotating eight (8) hour shifts including weekends, holidays and overtime as needed. Work is performed in a sometimes hot, cold, humid, noisy, industrial environment, and around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing workplace organizational responsibilities in different areas of the mill
- Shadowing & training on current & future roles in the department
- Demonstrating knowledge of and understanding assigned role
- Performing basic operator care and preventive maintenance tasks such as lubrication
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- At least one (1) or more years of experience in a farming, carpentry, construction, warehouse, military, production or manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Pulp & Paper industry experience
- At least two (2) or more years of manufacturing or industrial experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf