~~~ $10,000 Sign On Bonus ~~~
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Superintendent to join our Containerboard mill in Toledo, Oregon. The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for planning, directing, and guiding the business goals, plans, and processes for the maintenance department. This leader will use knowledge to develop and carry out objectives, solve problems, and be able to respond to short-term as well as long term department mill goals.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure the mill maintenance team is meeting the objectives in safety, reliability, quality, cost, and customer service. The candidate will lead and support preventative maintenance programs and provide technical support for troubleshooting to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies. As well as, help employees understand who their customers are and how their work directly impacts spending and mill profits/loses. The Maintenance Superintendent will provide leadership through the application of Koch’s Market Based Management® (MBM®) philosophy to achieve superior results.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Being a safety steward to prioritize employees’ health and safety
- Developing business relationships and be a strategic part of the mill leadership team
- Partnering closely with Operating Area Leaders to advance mill results
- Accountability for employee and organizational development plans and people management strategies
- Exhibiting strong leadership skills to motivate and develop a team of salaried and hourly employees to continuously improve performance of the individual employees and overall business
- Demonstrating functional leadership skills to engage a workforce with a diverse background of knowledge & experience
- Demonstrating strong functional knowledge of maintaining equipment used in the paper manufacturing process
- Responsible for establishing and administering maintenance expenses and capital work and managing against plans including explanation of variances
The Experience You Will Bring
- Seven (7) or more years of management experience in an industrial, manufacturing/production operations or military environment
- Three (3) or more years of work experience in a maintenance environment
- Experience leading root cause failure analysis
- Experience working with financial and statistical data
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR Technical Certifications
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Experience supervising in a union environment
- Industrial electrical experience
- Experience implementing precision maintenance techniques to improve equipment reliability
- Experience with repairing/troubleshooting pumps, gearboxes, paper machine rolls, mechanical drive systems (conveyors, line shafts, drag chains), steam turbines, PLCs, high voltage (480V), & AC/DC drives
Our Toledo facility is an integrated mill that manufactures containerboard, including unbleached linerboard and corrugating medium that is converted into corrugated boxes and packaging at numerous box plants on the West Coast from Washington to California and New Mexico. The packaging is used for a variety of products such as fruit, vegetables and seafood; consumer goods such as tissue, paper products, packaged food and beverages. The GP Toledo mill is the largest recycler of wastepaper (used cardboard boxes) in Oregon at over 500,000 tons recycled annually. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Toledo, situated on a bend of the Yaquina River and surrounded by wooded hills, is just seven miles inland from the Central Oregon Coast, the only inland coastal community with a deep-water channel. The historic town cascades over the hillsides to the river. Once a bustling lumber mill town, Toledo’s industries today include lively boat repair businesses and Port of Toledo facilities; which support the fishing industry; a vibrant arts community, and a modern paper products mill. (visittheoregoncoast.com)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf