Process Control Engineer
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America. Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, Inc., a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
The Fort Dodge, IA Plant serves Building Products customers throughout the Midwest manufacturing high quality gypsum wallboard products in a 24x7 operation.
The Plant Process Control Engineer will provide technical expertise, operations and maintenance support and project engineering as required to support the Fort Dodge Iowa Plant’s 24x7 Manufacturing operation. The Plant Process Control Engineer will be responsible for all facets of the Plants E&I maintenance, project development and execution and supervision of the Plant’s Electrical Technicians The role will have direct impact on safety, cost reduction, and process improvement at our facilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Plant Process Control Engineer will be the Plant’s subject matter expert in Electrical Distribution Systems and Process Controls and Instrumentation.
A successful candidate will:
- Provide conceptual system design for proposed projects
- Develop engineering and capital cost estimates for assigned projects
- Provide design documentation sufficient for construction, operations and maintenance
- Develop and implement programming guidelines and standards
- Design, program, modify and maintain PLC and HMI systems
- Manage implementation of upgrades and new technology.
- Develop and implement control strategies
- Work with the project team and contractors to specify and install systems
- Create instrumentation and control system specifications
- Provide consultation to facilities and project management on process controls equipment procurement and applications Manage the day to day activities of the Plant’s Electrical Technicians.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Process Control, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in Industrial Control Systems (PLCs, motor controls, control valves, industrial instrumentation for positioning, flow, level, pressure, & temperature)
- Demonstrated abilities in electrical, instrumentation and control systems troubleshooting and maintenance support experience
- Demonstrated abilities in Control System documentation using MS Office and AutoCAD
- Willingness to respond to after hours calls
- Four (4) or more years Process Control experience
- PLC programming
- Rockwell Studio 5000 preferred
- AC & DC motor control experience, including drives
- Allen-Bradley Powerflex drives preferred
- 480V Electrical Troubleshooting experience
- Process Control Networking experience
- HMI/SCADA Maintenance and Design
- Ignition, Proficy iFix, and FactoryTalk View preferred
What Will Put You Ahead
- Strong industrial electricity knowledge, including both power and control circuits
- Strong server and PC knowledge
- Competent with Microsoft Office software
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdfND