SALES & APPLICATION ENGINEER
John Zink is seeking a Sales & Applications Engineer for the EMEA area, particular for the Spanish and French speaking territory at our corporate office in Dudelange, Luxembourg. In this role you will identify business opportunity, present the client with solutions to their problems and close a deal. You will use technical and commercial capability to understand customer’s needs and to recommend John Zink products and technologies to our customers in refineries and petrochemical plants.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prepares technical and commercial proposals within the given time frame.
- Maintains and improves technical expertise for given product line.
- Develops and maintains a long-term profitable relationship with the customers to promote John Zink products and identifies ways to anticipate customers’ needs.
- Organizes and/or participate in customer visits, business group product promotion seminars, exhibitions.
- Qualifies opportunities as good uses of John Zink’s application resources (validity of project, customer’s buying history and habits, payment history of the customer, credit, project timing, funding, and scope).
- Understands and defines commercial constraints, such as sourcing restrictions, local content requirements, budget limits, terms & conditions, potential competitors, decision-making process.
- Assists the business groups and / or order execution to solve any technical, commercial or financial issues.
The Experience You Will Bring
- University degree in a related field with a relevant experience on a similar position.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Organization skills and ability for multitasking in a fast-paced work environment.
- Maturity, pragmatism, self-sufficiency and high team spirit are essential qualities to succeed in this fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Prepared to regularly travel within EMEA (approx. 50%).
- Customer focus and ability to build relationships with customers.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Sales experience with an OEM/ EPC/ End-user.
- Knowledge of any additional language will be valued.
- Experience with process equipment (burners, instrumentation…) is a strong asset.
- Good technical ability – chemical or mechanical engineering degree.