Embedded Software Developer
Join us to be part of the next industrial revolution to shape Industry 4.0., where you will work on cutting edge, innovative solutions as a member of the Molex Industrial Automation group. You will be part of our respectful, friendly, and innovative culture with many perks and surprises!
We are looking for high performance people with the ability to adapt and welcome change, who have the desire to contribute and make a difference.
As a member of the engineering team, this position is responsible for developing efficient embedded applications, optimizing existing applications, and producing clean and reusable libraries.
The Embedded Software Developer must have a strong knowledge of Real-Time OSes and System-on-Chips along with advanced problem-solving skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As an Embedded Software Developer, you may be part of:
- Developing embedded applications for different Molex industrial automation platforms
- Writing device drivers for various hardware peripherals
- Developing embedded software modules to support new industrial communication protocols
- Working closely with system and solution architects to design and implement embedded modules
- Participating in peer reviews
- Maintaining code integrity
- Write test cases for assigned software components (As part of software verification)
- Perform functional and non- functional, integration, regression, system testing for assigned components and applications
- Practicing an entrepreneurial, customer focused, innovative, and forward-looking culture
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of many technologies
- ·Excellent big picture and abstract thinking skills, with an open and innovative mindset
- ·Strong programming skills in C/C++
- ·Operating systems knowledge such as QNX, VxWorks, Windows CE, RTLinux, or a similar UNIX-based OS
- ·Fundamental understanding and development experience with major processor architectures (ARM, x86, MIPS, PPC, etc.)
- ·Strong analytical skills, and excellent communication and team building skills
- Experienced in integrating 3rd party software within complex systems
- Knowledge and experience with design patterns, methodologies, and best practices (modularity, portability, scalability)
- Knowledge of Ethernet (IEEE802.3.x) technologies, IP-based as well as layer 2 protocols, SNMP, PTP, and QoS are a plus
- Familiarity with industrial communication protocols (e.g. PROFINET, EtherNet/IP) is a plus
- Experience with Python, DevOps, iOS, Android, machine learning, and AI are assets
- Familiarity or experience with embedded security is a plus
- Experience working on mission critical systems and/or functional safety applications is a strong asset
Experience in software/embedded software testing is a plus
Familiarity with JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and other continuous integration tools
What Will Put You Ahead
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf