Asset Availability Leader-Reliability Coordinator
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting opportunity for a talented Asset Availability Leader/Reliability Coordinator to support our Tissue and Towel Converting areas within our Port Hudson manufacturing operation located in Zachary, LA.
The Asset Availability Leader (AAL) is responsible for supporting efforts to create an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety. The person filling the AAL role collects, categorizes, analyzes and reports production data. That information is then assimilated to identify and prioritize opportunities to eliminate the primary causes for production losses through value-based gap analysis. This is followed by collaboration with key personnel within the facility and organization to develop and execute gap closure plans to identify the highest valued opportunities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- The AAL develops and executes asset strategies for Converting assets and reports to the Production Manager
- Building asset strategies and systems including Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM): organizing and managing asset reliability strategies involving appropriate application of condition monitoring and preventative maintenance using an RCM-based approach.
- Equipment troubleshooting and benchmarking
- Root Cause analysis: finding and resolving organizational issues that lead to premature equipment failure by utilizing strong interview skills and attention to detail.
- Gap analysis and the development of improvement plans.
- Asset performance tracking and reporting
- Development of best practices
- Provide technical support on both capital and non-capital projects.
- Transfer technical knowledge to operators and supervisors in the converting areas and promote continuing development of operator efficiency.
Safety & Compliance: Commitment to environmental, health, & safety excellence
- Acquires and shares knowledge of applicable standards, policies, and procedures in areas of EH&S
- Leads in a way that clearly values safety, regularly engages in and encourages safety participation amongst crew including facilitating safety meetings
- Possesses a passion for identifying and mitigating critical hazards
- Pursues environmental excellence
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two-year Technical/Vocational/Associate Degree or higher
- 3 or more years of experience working within a continuous manufacturing environment with an operation, maintenance, reliability focus or equivalent military experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); PowerPoint – (presentation creation/editing).
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in engineering
- Experience with collecting, assembling and analyzing data, including operator interaction data
- Experience working with tissue/towel/napkin converting assets or other consumer products manufacturing assets
- Experience using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) concepts to resolve issues concerning manufacturing assets
- Experience using Microsoft Project and have experience with computer-based maintenance management systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf