At Flint Hills Resources, we see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and skills to better your life and the communities we serve and society. Operating under the Market-Based Management philosophy, we seek entrepreneurial individuals that have a passion for creating value through their work. If you would like to work for a company that appreciate and recognizes its employees’ innovative contributions, this could be the right opportunity for you. Come see what we have to offer!
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician for our TS&D Lab in Longview, Texas. Our TS&D Lab is for research, development and lab services for Flint Hills Resources Polypropylene business. The successful applicant will be responsible for performing testing and operating laboratory equipment. If you thrive as a continuous learner and enjoy using your skills and creativity to uncover innovative solutions, we are interested in learning more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating polymer physical testing and processing equipment (mechanical testing, impact testing, injection molding, lab scale extruders) and performing testing, data processing and reporting
- Providing excellent service to customers, supporting product/process creation and data collection
- Performing proper maintenance on equipment to ensure reliable operation and minimizing downtime and repair costs
- Learning new laboratory functions
- Will maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing proper safety equipment
- Operator forklift to complete daily task
- Travel up to 20% for trainings, meetings, etc. as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in: a laboratory environment OR plastic processing mechanical testing environment OR Operator experience operating and maintaining equipment related to petrochemical industries
- Experience with Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to obtain a forklift certification upon hire
What Will Put You Ahead
- An Associate Degree or higher in related field
- Experience in a plastics testing laboratory environment
- Experience with a laboratory management system (for example, SampleManager) and databases such as FileMaker
- Experience with ISO 9001 related activities, quality systems, SQC
- Two (2) or more years’ experience operating polymer physical testing and processing equipment (mechanical testing, impact testing, injection molding, lab scale extruders)
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf