Production Shift Supervisor
Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific is opening a new $285 million state-of-the art gypsum mill in Sweetwater, TX with an anticipated start date of Fall, 2022. Once in operation, this location combined with the existing plant will produce more than 1 billion square feet of gypsum products each year! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced facility in a world class Market Based Management culture.
Our facility in Sweetwater, TX is currently seeking a Production Team Leader to join our team! Team Leaders’ lead, motivate, and develop our hourly production staff and help us achieve our production goals safely and efficiently. If you enjoy motivating others around a common vision, helping achieve goals, and being a part of a team, this could be a great opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Embrace and manage change to drive innovation and process improvements
- Apply MBM® to foster a culture where employees are empowered
- Facilitate team and employee development, problem-solving and resolution, build employee commitment and ownership, and hold employees accountable
- Take accountability of safety quality and efficiency through leadership, individual ownership and accountability, teamwork, and delegation
- Coach, motivate and mentor the team to drive safe and efficient behaviors leading to positive outcomes. Take corrective action measures as needed
- Use critical & economic thinking, challenge process, and team collaboration to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence.
- Complete paperwork and reports with accuracy to meet deadlines
- Leverage strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with the facility team and leadership.
- Use organization and planning skills to execute tasks in a timely, purposeful, and orderly fashion
- Use critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to troubleshoot equipment and machinery
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of two (2) years leadership experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment, -- OR -- four (4) years of experience in the Gypsum industry – OR – an Associate’s degree or higher with experience in manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holiday work hours. Shift schedule is subject to change during employment based on business needs
- Experience coaching, counseling and developing employees
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping, documentation, and reporting, including experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical or business discipline
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf