Senior Process Control Engineer
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, Inc., a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
The Sr. Process Control Engineer will provide technical expertise and project engineering as required to support the Gypsum Engineering Group’s capital execution plan and operations.The Sr. Process Control Engineer will be responsible for the Instrumentation and Controls project development, design, procurement, construction and start-up of various projects within the Gypsum Division.Gypsum facilities are located throughout the continental U.S.The position requires approximately 50% travel to the various facilities and the ability to manage multiple projects.The role will have direct impact on safety, cost reduction, and process improvement at our facilities.
What you will do in your role.
The Sr. Process Control Engineer is a subject matter expert supporting capital projects for the Gypsum Division. The incumbent will utilize automation systems to increase the throughput, quality, safety and reliability of our processes. A successful candidate will:
- Provide conceptual system design for proposed projects
- Develop engineering and capital cost estimates for assigned projects
- Provide design documentation sufficient for construction, operations and maintenance
- Develop and implement programming guidelines and standards
- Design, program, modify and maintain PLC and HMI systems
- Manage implementation of upgrades and new technology.
- Develop and implement control strategies
- Work with the project team and contractors to specify and install systems
- Create instrumentation and control system specifications
- Provide consultation to facilities and project management on process controls equipment procurement and applications
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Industrial Control Systems (PLCs, motor controls, control valves, industrial instrumentation for positioning, flow, level, pressure, & temperature)
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in electrical, instrumentation and control systems troubleshooting and maintenance support experience
- Demonstrated abilities in Control System documentation using MS Office and AutoCad
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience with project leadership of a large capital project or team
- A minimum of five (5) or more years Process Control experience including:
- PLC programming
- Rockwell Studio 5000 preferred
- AC & DC motor control experience, including drives
- Allen-Bradley Powerflex drives preferred
- 480V Electrical Troubleshooting experience
- Process Control Networking experience
- HMI/SCADA Maintenance and Design
- Ignition, Proficy iFix, and FactoryTalk View preferred
- Physical ability to work on and around industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders to 100 feet
- Willingness to respond to occasional after-hours calls
- Competent with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Strong industrial electricity knowledge, including both power and control circuits
- Strong server and PC knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Process Control, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
The experience you will bring.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf